Low Carb Cauliflower "Macaroni and Cheese"
Updated July 1, 2017 by
If you're low-carbing it, you will appreciate this macaroni and cheese substitute. It a wonderful side dish, and the recipe is super easy to prepare. The dish is finished in the oven with extra cheese topping.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Place a steaming basket in a large saucepan and add about an inch of water. Add the cauliflower and bring the water to a boil. Cover and cook for about 6 to 9 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream in another saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the cheese, garlic powder, and mustard powder. Stir until cheese has melted. Add 1/2 cup of milk. Add more milk, as needed.
- Taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Combine the sauce with the cauliflower; transfer to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle some cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with some cheddar cheese. Broil until the cheese has browned.
Serves 4 to 6