Cabbage and Sausage Casserole With Cheese
by , August 26, 2017
This easy cabbage and sausage casserole is topped with melty cheese and baked to perfection. I used shredded fontina cheese on the casserole. Mozzarella or another good melting cheese may be used as well.
Related: Cheddar Cabbage Gratin With Bacon
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 52 minutes
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil mixture is hot, add the cabbage, chopped onion, garlic, kosher salt, and pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetable are tender and the cabbage is wilted. Stir frequently.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spray a large casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet along with the tomato sauce and sausage. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer the cabbage mixture to the prepared baking dish; top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the casserole is hot and bubbly and the cheese topping is lightly browned.
Makes 4 servings.