Butter Pecan Snowball Cookies
by , August 8, 2017
These melt-in-your-mouth butter cookies get texture and flavor from the finely chopped pecans. The cookies are rolled in powdered sugar.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or leave it ungreased.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until light.
- Add salt, vanilla, flour, and chopped pecans to the first mixture; blend well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Shape the chilled dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 11 to 14 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
- Sift about 1/2 cup of powdered sugar into a bowl and roll the cookies to coat.
Makes 3 Dozen