Soft Brown Sugar Sour Cream Cookies
by , July 25, 2017
Sour cream is the secret to the soft texture of these brown sugar drop cookies. Add mini or regular chocolate chips or nuts to these delicious soft brown sugar cookies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter with the brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, sour cream, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt until well blended. Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until well blended.
- Drop the cookie dough by heaping teaspoon or small cookie scoop onto the baking sheets, leaving about 3 inches between cookies.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove to racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle with chocolate glaze or decorate as desired.
Makes 3 to 3 1/2 Dozen