Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
by , October 10, 2017
The browned butter cookies are filled with chopped pecans and chocolate chips. The browned butter adds a couple of extra minutes of prep time, and it is totally worth it. The browned butter gives the cookies a nutty, buttery flavor. Unsalted butter is the best choice for browned butter. If you only have salted butter, decrease the amount of salt by 1/4 teaspoon and take care not to burn the butter.
The recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies, depending on size.
Graham Blondies With Chocolate Chips
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 24 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Continue cooking until browned, stirring constantly. This should take about 2 minutes; watch carefully for over-browning. When the butter sediment is light brown, remove it from the heat and strain it into a mixing bowl. Cool completely.
- To the cooled butter, add the brown and granulated sugars and beat until smooth and well blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans, if using.
- Drop onto the prepared baking sheets with a cookie scoop or tablespoon.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until just lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool on a rack.
- Store the cooled cookies in a tightly covered container.
- The recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies, depending on size.
Makes about 36 servings.