Broccoli and Orzo Salad
by , December 24, 2017
Shredded carrots add color to this easy broccoli and orzo pasta salad. A simple red wine vinaigrette dresses the salad perfectly. Add this side dish to any meal -- it's an excellent spring or summer dish. Or take it to a potluck dinner.
Broccoli Crunch Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Cook the orzo following package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Steam broccoli the broccoli over simmering water for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with orzo, chopped green onions, olives, carrot, oregano, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk the red wine vinegar with the olive oil and then toss with the salad ingredients.
- Add salt, to taste, as desired.
Makes 6 servings.