Blueberry Bread Pudding
by May 16, 2017,
This bread pudding is made with fresh or frozen blueberries. It's similar to a baked French toast, making it an excellent dessert or breakfast dish. Serve it with the vanilla sauce or syrup.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and milk; whisk until blended. Whisk in the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.Add the torn bread pieces and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to give the bread time to soak up the milk and egg mixture.
- In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with the powdered sugar. Stir into the bread and milk mixture.
- Transfer the pudding mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until lightly browned. A knife inserted in the center should come out clean when inserted into the center.
- Meanwhile, make the vanilla sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, syrup, cream, and butter. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add the 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Pour the sauce into a serving dish and serve warm with the bread pudding.
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Basic Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
Oven Baked Pancake