Blue Corn Muffins
by , October 28, 2017
Sour cream, corn, and chile peppers add flavor to these attractive blue corn muffins. Blue cornmeal was used in the pictured muffins, but you could use a good quality stone ground cornmeal as well.
Southern Cornbread Salad
Moist Sour Cream Cornbread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Heat the oven to 425 F.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray the cups with cooking oil spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir the dry ingredients to blend.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, and cooled melted butter.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Fold in the thawed corn kernels, green onions, and chile peppers.
- Fill muffin cups about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings.