Spicy Bean Soup With Andouille Sausage
by April 14, 2017,
Canned pinto beans and smoked andouille sausage make for an easy and hearty soup, and it cooks in under 30 minutes. If you like a less spicy soup, use another smoked sausage and replace the Creole seasoning with a milder seasoning salt blend. Serve the soup along with sandwiches or salad. Cornbread is the perfect bread for this soup, but a crusty French bread would be excellent as well.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the sliced andouille sausage, onion, and celery to the pan and cook, stirring, for about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and bell pepper and continue cooking for about 4 minutes longer.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced sausage, onion, and celery and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the bell pepper and continue cooking, stirring, for 3 or 4 minutes longer.
- Add the diced tomatoes, seasoning blend, and chicken broth. Add the drained pinto beans. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed.
- Add the green onions and parsley and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Brunswick Stew, Crockpot or Stovetop
Slow Cooker Chili Pork Stew
Creole White Bean Soup