Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts With Maple Glaze
by , September 29, 2017
Here's an excellent way to enjoy the fall season! These pumpkin doughnuts are finished with a delicious maple glaze. The doughnuts take just a few minutes to prepare and bake. They're as easy to fix in the morning as a batch of pancakes.
Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
Baked Chocolate Doughnuts With Vanilla Glaze
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 24 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spray the wells in the doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and granulated sugar; stir or whisk to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg with the pumpkin, 2 teaspoons of vanilla, and evaporated milk. Add the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into a plastic bag, cut a corner off, and pipe it into the wells of the doughnut pan. Or spoon the batter into the pan. Fill the cavities about 3/4 full.
- Bake the doughnuts for 12 to 16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a doughnut comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. In a small saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low heat. Cook until the butter is lightly browned, stirring constantly. Add the brown sugar, cream, and maple syrup and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sift 3/4 cup of powdered sugar into the glaze mixture along with the 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Add more powdered sugar if the glaze is too thin. If you have any lumps in the glaze, pour it through a mesh sieve.
- Cool the doughnuts slightly in the pan and then remove them to a wire rack.
- Drizzle the maple glaze over the doughnuts while they are still warm.
Makes 6 servings.