Baked French Fries
Updated July 1, 2017 by
These baked French fries are easy to fix, and they're lighter than deep fried.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Scrub the potatoes and peel if desired. Slice lengthwise into thin 1/4-inch slices. Cut the slices into 1/4-inch strips.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of oil over the bottom of a large rimmed baking sheet. Dry the potato strips and toss them in a bowl with 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle with the salt or seasoned salt and toss to coat evenly. Alternatively, use an olive oil spray or similar nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread potato strips out in a single layer in the baking pan.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Stir and turn the potatoes and continue baking for 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- Turn again and bake for about 10 minutes longer, or until tender and golden brown.
Makes 4 Servings