Baked Chocolate Doughnuts With Vanilla Glaze
by , September 29, 2017
These chocolate doughnuts taste great and are surprisingly quick and easy to prepare and bake. I think the espresso powder intensifies the chocolate flavor, but feel free to leave it out. Doughnuts are a nice alternative to cupcakes, cake, or cookies, and they will satisfy that chocolate craving. The recipe is easily scaled up for a dozen or more.
Easy Cake Mix Oat Bars With Chocolate Filling
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spray the doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray or lightly grease the cavities.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, espresso powder (if using) baking soda, and salt; stir or whisk to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg with the sour cream, sugar, melted butter, and 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into a plastic bag, cut a corner off, and pipe it into the wells of the doughnut pan. Or spoon the batter into the pan.
- Bake the doughnuts for 11 to 13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a doughnut comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, sift the confectioners' sugar into a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons of milk and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Stir and add more milk, in small amounts, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Cool the doughnuts slightly in the pan and then remove them to a wire rack.
- Glaze the doughnuts while they are still warm.
- Stir the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla together in a medium bowl.
Makes 6 servings.