Apple Brandy Chicken
by June 25, 2017,
This easy chicken is flavored with a creamy sauce spiked with apple brandy. It's an easy skillet meal ready in under 30 minutes.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
- Place chicken breast halves between pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound until thinned out and uniform in thickness. Alternatively, if the chicken breasts are large, slice them horizontally to make thin cutlets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for about 5 minutes, until browned, then turn. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes longer. Add green onions and apple brandy and cook for another minute, until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are tender.
- Add cream and thyme; simmer until thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed.
- Serve with noodles or rice and garnish with fresh chopped chives, if desired.
Makes 4 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Easy Skillet Chicken and Rice Curry
Easy Chutney Chicken Breasts Recipe