Fried Onion Rings
by , Updated April 4, 2017
These fried onion rings are made with a simple batter, deep-fried to perfection.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Peel the onion and slice about 1/4 inch thick; separate into rings.
- Cover the onion with cold water and let stand for 20 minutes. Drain and
- spread the onion rings out on paper towels to dry.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder in bowl; stir to blend and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolk slightly; stir in milk and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add to flour mixture; stir until smooth.
- Beat the egg white until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Heat 1 inch of shortening or vegetable oil to 370 F in a deep skillet or saucepan.
- Dip onion rings in batter; let excess batter drip off.
- Drop several rings at a time into hot fat and fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
More Onion Recipes
Fabulous French Onion Soup
Vegetable Recipes Index