by , Updated April 4, 2017
This eggplant casserole is made with fried sliced eggplant and a cooked tomato sauce mixture with a topping of Parmesan cheese. The recipe is easily doubled.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes Ingredients:
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Put the tomatoes, sugar, and garlic in a saucepan and cook, covered, while preparing the eggplant.
- Peel and slice eggplant. Coat a skillet with olive oil and fry the eggplant until slightly browned and tender.
- Drain the eggplant on paper towels.
- Place layer of eggplant in casserole dish; spoon part of tomato mixture over it; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Continue until all ingredients are used.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until casserole is bubbly.
Vegetable Recipes Index