New England Autumn Casserole
Updated April 4, 2017
Use pumpkin or winter squash in this recipe. Make the casserole with butternut squash, buttercup or acorn squash, or pumpkin. These days, there are many interesting varieties of winter squash at vegetable stands and farmers markets. Try a brand new variety in this recipe!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Layer the pumpkin or squash then apple slices in a 2-quart casserole.
- Combine 1/4 cup melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, nuts, and salt; drizzle some over apples and pumpkin.
- Continue alternating layers and drizzling with butter and sugar mixture until all ingredients have been used.
- Dot with a bit more butter.
- Cover the casserole and bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until pumpkin and apples are tender.
More Winter Squash Recipes
Butternut Squash and Apple Casserole
Maple Glazed Squash Rings