Angel Hair Pasta with Stir-Fried Broccoli
by Updated April 4, 2017,
This flavorful, creamy pasta recipe is made with fresh broccoli, red bell pepper, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. This is a tasty meatless pasta dish, great for lunch or a main meal.
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in boiling, salted water just until tender. Drain and toss the angel hair pasta with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to keep it from sticking together; keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add the broccoli flowerets and peppers, and saute over medium heat until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skillet.
- Add the cream to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until it starts to thicken, about 5 minutes. Add the 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and nutmeg, and cook 2 minutes longer to thicken a bit more.
- Add vegetables and the cooked pasta to the sauce. Toss them together well and heat through. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot with additional Parmesan on the side.
Recipe adapted from "The Red Lion Inn Cookbook"
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Broccoli and Pasta Recipes and Related
Broccoli Salad Recipe
Chinese Broccoli Beef Recipe
Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli