Angel Hair Pasta with Stir-Fried Broccoli
by , Updated April 4, 2017
This flavorful, creamy pasta recipe is made with fresh broccoli, red bell pepper, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. This is a tasty meatless pasta dish, great for lunch or a main meal.
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes Ingredients:
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in boiling, salted water just until tender. Drain and toss the angel hair pasta with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to keep it from sticking together; keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add the broccoli flowerets and peppers, and saute over medium heat until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skillet.
- Add the cream to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until it starts to thicken, about 5 minutes. Add the 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and nutmeg, and cook 2 minutes longer to thicken a bit more.
- Add vegetables and the cooked pasta to the sauce. Toss them together well and heat through. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot with additional Parmesan on the side.
Recipe adapted from "The Red Lion Inn Cookbook"
More Broccoli and Pasta Recipes and Related
Broccoli Salad Recipe
Chinese Broccoli Beef Recipe
Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli