Clam and Corn Chowder
- Brown bacon in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; crumble and set aside.
- To the hot bacon drippings, add onion, clam juice, minced clams, potatoes, and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Add butter, milk, cream style corn and salt and pepper to taste; heat almost to boiling point.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over each serving.
- If thicker soup is desired, make a flour paste by combining 2 tablespoons flour with a little cold water and add to the soup; cook until thickened.
- Clam chowder recipe makes 6 servings.
More Clam Chowder Recipes and Related
Manhattan Clam Chowder
Soup Recipes Index