Creole White Bean Soup
This bean soup is full of flavor and protein. Ham and sausage are added to the soup along with canned beans.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- In a large saucepan, cook onion, celery and bell pepper in butter until soft.
- Add ham and tomato sauce; simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- In separate saucepan, bring navy beans with bacon to boil.
- Working in small batches, puree beans and their liquid in a food processor or blender; add to ham mixture.
- Add the water; season to taste and simmer for 1 hour. Serve piping hot.
Back to the Soup Index