Skillet Chicken with Couscous
by , Updated April 5, 2017
This one pot meal is easy to cook in a skillet. To save a little time, pound the chicken breasts to thin slightly; cooking time will be reduced. Serve this tasty dish with a tossed salad or simple romaine salad with sliced tomatoes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook, turning, until browned on both sides, about 10 to 12 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook chicken for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a plate and drain off the excess fat and liquids from pan.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until onion is softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic, chicken broth, couscous, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and pepper. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Place chicken on top of couscous mixture.
- Cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is very tender and cooked through.
Dijon Chicken Breasts
Chicken Breasts in Champagne
Balsamic and Garlic Chicken Breasts
Skillet Recipes Index