by Updated April 5, 2017,
A beef sauce is made with mushrooms and garlic, then served with pan fried steaks. Feel free to make the sauce then grill the steaks or broil them.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
- Heat 2 cups of beef stock to boiling.
- Whisk the flour into the remaining 1/4 cup of cold stock. Add the mixture to the boiling stock along with the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, and tomato paste. Simmer uncovered 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in butter until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and red wine to the sauce mixture and cook 7 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- Heat butter in a large skillet until very hot.
- Cook steak 8 to 10 minutes, turning to cook on both sides (medium rare).
- Serve with the sauce. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe serves 4.
More Steak Recipes
Easy Steak and Potato Skillet
Broiled Skirt Steak and Peppers
Skillet Recipes Index