Skillet Chicken and Rice
by , Updated April 5, 2017
This chicken recipe is easily made in a skillet with rice, sliced carrots, and other ingredients. Scroll down the page for related chicken recipes, including chicken and rice casseroles.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken pieces on all sides, about 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the butter, mushrooms, carrots, and onion; saute until onions are lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the rice, poultry seasoning, broth, and salt.
- Place chicken atop rice mixture.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken and rice are done.
Lentils and Rice
Skillet Recipes Index