Spiced Bread Pudding With Vanilla Sauce
by , September 5, 2017
This spiced bread pudding is served with a wonderful vanilla sauce. This is a delicious bread pudding to make for a special dessert or weekend treat.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Butter a 9- x 13-inch baking dish or spray with baking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the beaten eggs, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 cup of butter, and the sweetened condensed milk. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended. Beat in the hot water until well mixed.
- Tear the bread up into small pieces and put in the prepared baking dish. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and chopped pecans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set. Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
- In a saucepan, combine flour and sugar. Add the butter, milk, and vanilla and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Serve warm over bread pudding.