Apple Pie Bread
by , Updated April 25, 2017
This moist, aromatic apple bread is like an apple pie in loaf form. This is a great way to use apples in the fall, but feel free to bake a loaf any time of the year. This is a fabulous coffee bread, and it freezes well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease and flour two small ( 8" x 4" ) loaf pans.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and powder, salt, and spices in a bowl. Whisk to blend ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with oil, brown and granulated sugars, and vanilla until smooth and well blended.
- Blend in the dry ingredients and beat until well blended. Stir in the diced apples and walnuts or pecans.
- Bake the apple bread loaves for 45 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of a loaf.
- Cool in the pan on racks for 20 minutes. Turn out onto the racks to cool completely.
- Makes 2 loaves.