Easy Cherry Cobbler
by Updated April 25, 2017,
This cherry cobbler is easy to prepare and tastes great! Serve this cherry cobbler with a dollop of ice cream or drizzle with cream.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 8
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine cherry pie filling with almond extract. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sifted flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk, shortening, and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and beat for about 2 minutes longer. Pour the batter over the cherry mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or just until the topping springs back when pressed in the center with a fingertip.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
Calories per serving: 369
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Cherry Cheesecake Dessert Squares