Chocolate Pound Cake
by , Updated April 25, 2017
This is just the right size, a half-pound sour cream chocolate cake made in a loaf pan.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- In a small bowl, pour the boiling water over the chocolate and let stand for about 15 minutes to cool.
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl or on a square of waxed paper, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until light. Beat in eggs, then the vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in about 1/3 of the flour with about 1/2 of the sour cream, then another 1/3 of the flour and the remaining sour cream. Beat in the remaining flour mixture until blended, then beat in the cooled chocolate mixture just until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 60 to 65 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan to cool completely. Frost or dust with powdered sugar.