by , Updated April 23, 2017
Use chopped pecans or walnuts in this chocolate brownie recipe.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a saucepan over hot water, melt chocolate with shortening or butter. Blend in sugar and beaten eggs.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the first mixture.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes. A slight dent will remain when touched with a finger.
- Cool brownies in pan and cut into bars.
Serves 16Calories per serving: 157
Fat per serving: 9.2g