Fig Cake Recipe
by Updated April 23, 2017,
An old-fashioned fig cake recipe, made with dried figs and other ingredients.
Prep Time: 14 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 14 minutes
- In a bowl, add boiling water to the dried figs to cover.
- Into another bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream shortening and sugar; beat in the eggs.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk. Beat well. Stir in vanilla and the drained figs.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Calories per serving: 343
Fat per serving: 14.2g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Fig Recipes