by , Updated April 23, 2017
This lemon sherbet recipe is made by hand in the freezer, stirred occasionally.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus freezing time
Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Dissolve gelatin and sugar in a bowl with the boiling water. Add lemon juice and zest. Whisk in milk, blending well. Pour into a 9-inch square pan.
- Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl and beat for 2 minutes. Return to pan and cover.
- Freeze for 1 hour longer. Stir.
- Freeze for 1 hour longer, or until firm.
- Take out of freezer about 10 minutes before serving.
Serves 8Calories per serving: 167
Fat per serving: 2.4g