Chocolate Pound Cake
by Updated April 23, 2017,
A chocolate pound cake made with butter, cocoa, and milk, baked in a tube cake pan.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and shortening; add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add a little at a time to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Bake the chocolate pound cake in the prepared tube pan for 70 to 80 minutes, or until cake bounces back when touched lightly in the center with finger.
Calories per serving: 421
Fat per serving: 20.1g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Chocolate Cake Recipes and Frosting
Brown Sugar Chocolate Cake and Icing
Easy One-Bowl Chocolate Cake Recipe
Marble Cake Recipe