Chocolate Chiffon Dessert
by , Updated April 22, 2017
This chilled chocolate dessert is made with a vanilla wafer crumb crust and a gelatin and chocolate syrup filling mixture. It's an vintage recipe from an old newspaper clipping.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Combine crust ingredients; press into an 8-inch square pan. Chill.
- Place a medium mixing bowl in the freezer to chill.
- Soften gelatin in cold water.
- Heat chocolate syrup; add gelatin and stir until gelatin dissolves. Cool to room temperature. Add vanilla. In chilled bowl, beat the ice cold evaporated milk; fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Chill until mixture mounds slightly when spooned. Pour over crust; chill until firm.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
Serves 9Calories per serving: 194
Fat per serving: 9.7g