by , Updated April 22, 2017
Top this yummy chocolate pie with a dollop of whipped cream or frozen thawed whipped topping and garnish with chocolate curls.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 16 minutes
- In a bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt; set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in water and the sugar and cornstarch mixture, then stir in the beaten eggs. Cook, stirring, over low heat until thickened and smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into cooled piecrust and chill until firm.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and milk chocolate curls, if desired.
Serves 8Calories per serving: 376
Fat per serving: 19g