Maraschino Cherry Cake
by , Updated April 22, 2017
Maraschino cherries and juice flavor this delicious cake. Bake this cake as a layer cake or a rectangular one layer cake, and frost with a fluffy white frosting garnished with cherries.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and shortening. Blend in the shortening and cherry juice; stir in cherries and milk; beat on medium speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add egg whites; beat 2 minutes longer.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8-inch layer cake pans or a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Frost with a fluffy white frosting or your favorite frosting and garnish with cherries or chopped nuts.
Serves 24Calories per serving: 153
Fat per serving: 6.1g