Molasses Date Bars with Cinnamon Frosting
by , Updated April 22, 2017
These date bars are made with spices and pecans along with an easy easy cinnamon and powdered sugar frosting.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 30
Total Time: 42 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, and molasses until light; add egg and beat until light and fluffy. Add sifted dry ingredients, 3/4 cup of the pecans, and dates. Mix well.
- Put batter in a greased and floured 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- While bars are still warm, drizzle with frosting and sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans. Cool in pan then cut into bars.
- Mix together confectioners' sugar, milk, salt, and cinnamon until smooth.
Makes about 16 barsCalories per bar: 254
Fat per bar: 11.1g