Chocolate Angel Pie
Bake the meringue shell at least an hour before you prepare the filling, or the night before.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- Heat the oven to 250 F.
- Beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar; continue beating until mixture forms stiff shiny peaks, about 10 minutes. Add vanilla and chopped pecans.
- Spread over bottom and sides of an 8-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 40 minutes; turn off heat and cool in oven for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Combine chocolate and water in saucepan; heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Cool until thickened; add vanilla. Prepare whipped topping mix as directed on package. Fold chocolate mixture into the whipped topping.
- Spoon into the prepared meringue shell.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.