by , Updated April 22, 2017
This is a beautiful dessert and easy to make, with instant pudding, whipped topping, prepared sponge cake, preserves, and coconut cookie crumbs. Make this delicious dessert early so it will have at least 2 hours to chill.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Prepared pudding as directed on package for pudding; fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Cut sponge cake into 1 1/2-inch cubes; place in a 1 1/2 quart serving bowl. Sprinkle orange juice over cake cubes.
- Add water to preserves; spoon over cake cubes.
- Top with macaroon crumbs then spoon in pudding mixture, completely covering cake cubes.
- Chill thoroughly, at least 2 hours.
- Top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with toasted slivered almonds, if desired.