by , Updated April 22, 2017
These apple muffins are lightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. They're made with shredded apples, brown sugar, walnuts, and bran cereal.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in shredded apple, brown sugar, and nuts.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, milk, and butter; add to first mixture all at once, stirring just to blend ingredients.
- Fold in the cereal flakes.
- Fill greased muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes 12Calories per muffin: 192
Fat per muffin: 6.7g