Cherry Upside-Down Cake
by Updated April 22, 2017,
This is a delicious upside-down cake, made with canned tart cherries. The cake is made with orange juice and bran cereal.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- In a saucepan, combine 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and cherry syrup, cook until clear and thickened; add cherries then pour into a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar; add egg and beat well. Add bran and orange peel.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Alternately add sifted dry ingredients and liquids.
- Pour batter into the pan over cherries.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Cherry Cheesecake Dessert Squares
Cherry Tea Bread
Half Pound Cake