Breaded Fried Tomatoes with Cheese
Updated April 22, 2017
Firm tomato slices are dipped in egg and crumbs then fried with a cheese topping.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Dip tomato slices into cracker crumbs, then into egg mixture, then dredge again in the cracker crumbs.
- Fry until browned on both sides (turn carefully); sprinkle with grated Cheddar cheese and paprika.
- Cover pan and cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
Serves 4 to 6
Calories per serving, based on 6 servings: 228
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Tomato Recipes
Stewed Tomatoes with Rice
Stuffed Tomatoes with Celery and Shrimp
Broiled Tomatoes with Oregano and Parmesan