Updated April 22, 2017
These taffy apples are delicious candy apples made with brown sugar, butter, and cream.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Insert wooden skewers into stem of apples.
- Mix ingredients in a large saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, to 246 F. Remove from heat and let cool until mixture thickens.
- Quickly dip apples into the taffy mixture and twist until apples are evenly coated.
- Place on waxed paper to drain and firm up.
- If desired, roll candy apples in chopped nuts.