Apricot-Almond Coffee Cake
by Updated April 22, 2017,
This coffee cake is topped with a crumb and apricot preserves topping and easy icing. Make this cake for your morning get-together.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Confectioners' Sugar Icing
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, and milk. Blend with a fork; beat for about 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, almonds and cinnamon; sprinkle over coffee cake batter.
- Spoon preserves over the topping.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Spread with icing while still warm and serve warm.
- Combine icing ingredients adding milk or water just until desired icing consistency is reached.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Coffee Cake Recipes
Buttermilk Coffee Cake
Yogurt Coffee Cake Recipe
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Quick and Easy Coffee Cake