Lemon Crunch Dessert
by , Updated April 22, 2017
This lemon pudding dessert is made with a coconut and graham cracker crust.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- For filling, combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan over low heat; stir in milk. Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and lemon juice. Whisk about 1/2 cup of the thickened milk mixture to the egg mixture then return egg mixture to the pan, stirring to blend well. Continue cooking and stirring over low heat for 2 minutes. Add lemon zest, 1 tablespoon butter, and a few drops of vanilla.
- For crust, combine shredded coconut with the graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar, flour, and 1/2 cup butter. Put half of the coconut mixture in bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan. Pour in filling; top with remaining coconut mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until top is browned. Remove to a rack to cool
- Chill then cut into squares.