Stuffed Onions With Sausage
by Updated April 21, 2017,
These onions are stuffed with a mixture of ground beef and Italian sausage. the stuffed onions are baked to perfection.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Peel onions without cutting them; cook in boiling salted water 30 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Cut a slice of the top of each onion; remove centers.
- Chop centers and reserve 2 tablespoons.
- Combine ground beef, sausage, seasonings, mustard, bread crumbs, chili sauce, and the 2 tablespoons of chopped onion centers.
- Stuff onions and place in baking pan (cut a small slice off the bottom to help them stand).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Calories per serving: 279
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Onion Recipes
Fried Onion Rings II