Hearty Bean Bake
by , Updated April 21, 2017
This is a delicious baked bean recipe made with dried navy and lima beans, onion, ham, and tomatoes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Rinse beans; cover with cold water in a large kettle or Dutch oven. Bring beans to a boil; simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Stir the next 5 ingredients into the beans. Add meat; cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
- Remove meat and let stand until cool enough to handle. Dice, discarding fat.
- Combine beans, diced meat, and remaining ingredients. Pour bean mixture into a 2-quart casserole or bean pot.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- Uncover and bake for 2 hours longer, stirring several times.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Serves 6Calories per serving: 340