by Updated April 20, 2017,
So few ingredients and such great flavor! This easy veal cutlet recipe contains mushrooms, wine, and olive oil.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Slice the veal in 8 to 10 evenly-sized pieces, then pound very thin, to about 1/8-inch thick. Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper, then dust lightly with flour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and keep warm.
- Add remaining olive oil to the skillet and heat. When hot, add several pieces of the veal. Brown over high heat for about 1 minute per side.
- Keep cooked meat warm while browning remaining meat.
- When all meat is browned, drain off excess fat and return mushrooms and meat to pan.
- Add wine and cook at high heat for 1 minute.
- Arrange meat and mushrooms on warm platter.
- Scrape bottom of pan to get browned bits and blend with wine.
- Pour over the cooked veal and mushrooms.
Calories per serving: 463
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Veal Recipes
Veal Cutlets with Mushroom Sauce