Grape-Nuts Date Bread
by , Updated April 20, 2017
Date bread gets texture and fiber from Grape Nuts cereal. This is a flavorful Grape-Nuts bread with dates, but feel free to add nuts to this bread if you like a little more crunch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Pour hot milk over Grape-Nuts; cool.
- Sift flour, measure, then add baking powder, salt and sugar. Sift again.
- To the Grape-Nuts mixture, add the beaten egg, melted butter, and chopped dates; blend well.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten all ingredients.
- Turn into a greased and floured 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan. Let stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Bake the bread for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.