by Updated April 20, 2017,
This flavorful beef stroganoff is made with round steak, mushrooms, beef broth, and other ingredients. Serve this beef stroganoff with hot, lightly buttered noodles for a delicious family meal.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Trim beef then cut in strips about 1 1/2 inches in length and 1/2 inch in width. Coat beef strips with flour mixture.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet; brown beef on all sides. Add onions and garlic.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in water; add to beef. Add liquid from mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup. Cover and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender. Add mushrooms.
- Just before serving, combine vinegar with evaporated milk and stir into broth. Heat through, but do not boil.
- Serve with hot rice or noodles, and top with chopped parsley, if desired.
Calories per serving: 351
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Beef Stroganoff Recipes
Beef Stroganoff with Sirloin Strips
Easy Beef Stroganoff