by , Updated April 19, 2018
This flavorful quiche is made with canned salmon and a little onion and lemon juice. This makes a tasty brunch or lunch, or make it for a fuss-free family dinner. Serve the quiche with a simple dill sauce or fresh sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- Heat the oven to 450 F.
- Bake pie shellfor 5 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool and reduce the oven temperature to 350 F.
- Drain salmon liquid into a bowl and set aside. Flake the salmon, removing any obvious bone bits and skin.
- Put flaked salmon in the cooled pie crust; sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cook the minced onion in butter until tender; sprinkle over the salmon with the parsley.
- Add eggs to the salmon liquid along with cream and seasonings; mix to blend well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the salmon in pie crust.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 to 55 minutes, until firm.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.
Serves 6Calories per serving: 489