Bacon and Egg Strata
by Updated April 19, 2018,
Breakfast casseroles are quick and easy to prepare. Put this casserole together in the evening, and just pop it in the oven in the morning! Serve this breakfast casserole with warmed mixed fruit or sliced melon for a great family breakfast.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- Cut each slice of trimmed bread into 3 pieces; arrange in shallow, lightly buttered baking dish.
- Place bacon over bread.
- If desired, drizzle a little of the bacon grease or melted butter over the bread.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the bacon and bread.
- Place the baking dish in a larger pan of hot water (about 1/2 inch).
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until set.
Serves 4 to 6
Calories per serving (based on 4 servings): 408
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Egg Recipes and Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Easy Shirred Eggs
Hash Brown Casserole
Breakfast Casserole with Sausage
Breakfast Casserole Recipe