by Updated April 19, 2018,
A cake mix makes this strawberry cake extra easy to prepare and bake. Make this a 2-layer or 1-layer cake.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan or two 9-inch layer cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine cake mix, flour, eggs, oil, water, gelatin, and about 3/4 of the thawed strawberries.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove layers to rack to cool completely. A 9x13x2-inch cake may be left in pan for frosting and serving.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, mix confectioners' sugar, butter, and remaining strawberries until smooth and creamy (leave some of the excess strawberry juice out and add back a little at a time, so frosting isn't too thin).
- Frost cooled cake; store in refrigerator.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Strawberry Cake Recipes
Old-Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake
Berry Strawberry Parfait